
Very exciting evening yesterday: I felt Baby J. move for the first time!! I think it's been happening for a while now, what the experts call "quickening," but I mistook the feelings for hunger pangs or...gas.
But last night, Zach and I were competing in a fight to the death Jeopardy match when I suddenly felt hungry. I thought that was strange because I had just eaten, so I knew my stomach was full. Then the feeling climbed up my belly toward my chest, almost as though I had suddenly dropped 10 feet. THEN I realized what was happening!! I told Zach right away, but because it's too early to feel any movement from the outside, he was left out of the fun :) I think we have a good bit to go until he can feel Baby J., but how crazy is this: we're already in week 18!!! I can't get over the fact that in 2 weeks we'll be half way through this pregnancy, it'll be March, and I'll probably be showing a lot more than I currently am. Right now, a passerby could mistake me for a beer guzzling bar hag rather than an expectant mother! And while that used to kinda bother me (who wants to look like they have a gut?!), I realize that I should really relish these last few weeks that I'll be able to see my toes and bend over to put on my own shoes!
While feeling Baby J. was clearly the milestone, the "then some" of this post is my tremendous victory over my nursery opponent, one Mr. Zachary Jankowski. While I've taken a chill pill in terms of "let's do this, let's buy this, let's move this," I haven't forgotten my childhood dream (okay, that's a bit of a stretch...) of having a Winnie the Pooh nursery. I've been collecting Pooh stuff since I can remember, and when we found out we were pregnant, Pooh and friends is what I envisioned in the nursery. However, my said competitor nixed the idea early on. I was cooperative and I compromised; I purchased a lovely Noah's Ark 6-piece set at a fabulous clearance price. However, I quickly came to find that the clearance price came with a huge setback: discontinued accessories. And because I have diagnosed myself as OCD, I HAVE to have the matching accessories. I'm not talking random animals or OTHER Noah's Ark stuff--I want the pieces that are the same colors, the same brand as the crib sheets!!! This has proven impossible...but that's okay!! I have successfully deferred to Pooh by slipping in a nonchalant comment one night before bed: "I can't find Noah's Ark stuff, we'll have to go with Pooh." I admit I was initially met with a bit of resistance, to which I simply responded, "It's Classic Pooh. I win." Zach took one look at me, realized I meant business, and then raised his white flag. We will be returning the Noah's Ark stuff this weekend. :0)
On an unrelated note, I called the doctor's office to make sure it'd be okay if SIX of us were to show up for my ultrasound! I tried to make a joke about it because I didn't want to be the weird patient asking weird questions, but the receptionist was very kind and assured me she's seen it all. So, on Feb. 21st, the Jankowski Family Circus will meet Baby J. for the first time. How fun!!
I'm going to grab something to eat...I do that a lot now ;o)
No comments:
Post a Comment