I can't believe all of the historical events that have already graced 2009!! From the inauguration of what's sure to be a memorable presidency to the Steelers winning their 6th Superbowl to history-making weather and temperatures--this year is shaping up to be pretty amazing! I envision the future Baby J. on one of those websites looking up things that happened during his/her year of birth, and what awesome events they are!
While I feel very blessed to be doing so well at this point in the pregnancy, I'm starting to feel the shock waves of the hormones. I've really been paranoid about how I sleep, so much so that I wake up pretty regularly throughout the night. My next problemo is that I've been throwing around the idea that I'm not "big enough!" I never in a million years thought I would WANT to be bigger, but I have myself convinced that my belly should be growing faster, I should be bigger, the baby's not progressing as it should be, etc. Thankfully, most of my friends have put my fears at ease; apparently a lot of them didn't really LOOK pregnant until about 7 months. So that's helped me a bit, but most times I can't control what I start to think--it's pretty annoying to be this worked up over something that I have absolutely no basis for worrying about!! Just another perk of female hormones :)
Our next ultrasound is Feb. 21st. My parents have expressed interest in joining us, although I think they're going to be disappointed because they WILL NOT find out the baby's sex unless we decide to...and that's not going to happen, according to Zach! Hopefully, Rick and Terri will join us and it'll be a family affair. I'm sure we'll freak out the technician, but we do put the "fun" in dysfunction!!
No comments:
Post a Comment