July 12th Post: A Visit from Braxton Hicks!
Despite another sleepless night, today ended up being very nice. My dad picked me up around 7:45 and we got our yummy pancake breakfast at the G& G as promised. Banana nut pancakes--sooo good! Afterward, though, my stomach started to feel a little strange and I just thought I was full (or I had to use the bathroom), but low and behold, I started to contract on a pretty regular basis. That's when I realized what was happening: Braxton Hicks fun. The contractions weren't necessarily what I'd call painful, just uncomfortable. They made sitting still feel a bit weird, so I've learned that I'd much rather walk around while I can. Braxton Hicks continued as we visited my Gram Barone and I got a little shopping done. I attempted to buy my wonderful husband a new pair of flip flops, but he said they didn't fit right when he tried them on. Oh, well--I tried! I picked up a fashionable nursing bra for myself, though--quite the shopping spree :o)
I'm trying to fill up this week with things to do; among them are massive amounts of grad school work: a midterm exam and a project; shopping and dinner with the college roomies tomorrow; doctor appointment and some quality time with the hubby on Tuesday; lunch and catching up with a few Valley girls on Wednesday. Hopefully, I'll fit some decent sleep in there and be pleasant for those who will encounter me this week!!
The Baby J. Arrival Poll has officially closed! We ended up with $55 and bets ranging from yesterday all the way until August 1. I'm personally pulling for the person whose bet has this baby in my arms as soon as possible!!
No comments:
Post a Comment