July 14th Post: Still Pregnant :o)
Another doctor appointment down and still prego! I guess I really expected to be further along than the appointment proved; when the doctor could only report that I'm 80% effaced and the other numbers had remained the same, I was visibly disappointed!! She said not to worry because I will be having this baby...sometime or another! I know I sounded like an uneducated whack job, but I had to ask her if she had any guess of when I'd go into labor. She just smiled politely and told me no. She, of course, said I was making "good progress" and she liked what my cervix was doing, but still no Baby J. to speak of. Soon enough I'm sure. A funny part of the appointment had to be when the nurse took my blood pressure and called me a "swollen little beast!!!" No joke--those were her exact words. She then told me my "cankles" would subside after I had the baby! Nothing like some kind words and compliments for the pregnant lady :o) That lady is just lucky I have a good sense of humor and my hormones weren't raging!!
I was exhausted after the appointment, so Zach and I put our errands on hold until tomorrow. We're trying to find a light for the kitchen because we've been without one for a few months and it's been on our "to-do-before-baby-gets-here list." We're going to Lowes tomorrow in hopes of finding said light and that will just about complete our list.
I would just like to give a warm shout-out to my roomies because after meeting up with them yesterday, I slept like, well, a baby!! I only woke up twice, once at 2:30 and then again around 4:45. I slept until about 7:30 and was COMFORTABLE! I'm not sure that the roomies had anything to do with that, but I'll give them credit anyway :o)
I'm meeting MORE friends for lunch tomorrow AND Friday--how fun! I should definitely enjoy these little outings while I can, no?!
No comments:
Post a Comment