Tuesday, July 7, 2009

July 6th Post: Such a Good Baby!

My Internet connection (and patience!) were intermittent yesterday, so I have to post yesterday's message today. I'm disappointed that I couldn't keep up the "daily" entries, but something tells me I'll get over it :o)

Our doctor appointment was indeed a success! I love this kid already; he/she seems very organized and prepared to make his/her arrival into this world! I'm now TWO centimeters dilated, 70% effaced, and the baby has dropped further into my pelvis. I didn't get a number or a station for the dropping, but I can feel a difference when I walk (and run to the bathroom every four minutes), and the doctor felt around and verified that Baby J.'s head is lower. So that's all VERY exciting news! Way to prepare, baby! However, all of these fun numbers could mean nothing at all--some women dilate to 3 centimeters and are almost completely effaced and don't go into labor for weeks! The actual due date is about 17 days off, so there's a decent chance we'll make it that far--or beyond. At least that's what my doctor told my mom who was trying to CHEAT in the Baby J. Arrival poll!! The dr. laughed when we told her why my mom was REALLY asking about the possibility of an early baby :o) But the poll is going well, up to about $35. Shoulda asked my doctor if she wanted in on the action!! Our next appointment is Tuesday, and I'm expecting more good things from this little one!

The rash on my belly is slowly getting better, but the doc said because it still bothers me at night AND because it's still visible, I should keep taking the Benadryl. She said it'll also help me sleep which is just as important as anything right now--gotta keep that strength up for 2 am feedings so they say! OOH--and I almost forgot: speaking of feedings, my body is certainly ready for them. I wake up wet from leakage quite a bit now. Or after a shower, I'll notice some leakage. Guess it's good to know my body is gearing up for nourishing a child, but seriously--eeew.

I'm getting VERY antsy these days. Last night around 10 pm, I felt the need to clean out all of our kitchen drawers. Zach came home from grad class and just stared at me. He asked what the heck I was doing and when I told him I felt it was very necessary for these drawers to be cleaned, he just laughed and said I was ridiculous. Later that night, though, he read something about "nesting" in one of his books and was able to identify it thanks to my drawer cleaning!! Today, I have a to-do list as long as my arm in hopes of staying busy, busy, busy! Reading a novel and doing my grad work don't appeal to me because, in my mind, that's doing nothing to prepare for the baby. I'm not sure how cleaning out a silverware drawer benefits an infant either, but whatever...

I have a hair appointment today--maybe I'll switch things up a bit with a new cut so I will feel that I've done something different and then I won't be so anxious? Probably not, but it's worth a shot!!

No comments:

Post a Comment