Saturday, October 9, 2010

Introducing Morgan Carrlee Wirtz!

Sandy and Kevin have officially joined the esteemed club known as Parenthood! On Thursday, October 7th, San was induced because of high blood pressure, and in retrospect it's a really good thing that she was. Poor San hasn't moved from her labor and delivery room at West Penn because she now has preeclampsia and has to be constantly monitored and given medicine. Even though Mama is still on the mend, Miss Morgan is doing beautifully! All us roomies went together to meet her yesterday.
Brady couldn't wait to get his hands on that baby!
I absolutely love Morgan's name, especially the middle; San and Kev paid homage to their parents by spelling Carley a little differently: the first four letters represent the names of each of the grandparents, Cindy, Al, Rose, and Rick. And Lee is Sandy's middle name, so Carrlee is just perfect!

Morgan Carrlee Wirtz!

Zach was actually ready and willing to hold her (which is unlike him and "stranger" babies!), but he said he wanted to get some practice in before "Brady's sister" comes. Apparently, his money and hopes are on us having a girl. Since we're not finding out again, we won't know for sure until May. Although, I do have to say I've been craving anything sweet, have had small boughts of nausea when I'm hungry, and am currently sporting some teenage-like pimples. Only time will tell! Anyway, while I was admittedly very wrong when guessing my first child's gender, I am proud to announce that not only was I one of the few who thought Morgan was a girl from day one, but I also won the Wirtz Baby Poll! I'm about $100 richer--the next roomie dinner is on me!

Someone really wants a little girl!

In other news, I had an appointment and our May 9th due date was confirmed by both the ultrasound and the doctor. My blood pressure is low (100/62!) which may account for some of the nausea, but all is well...except for the fact that I do not care for Dr. Bummer. Yes, that's his real name and it's quite fitting: the man is a downer! He was just doing his job in relaying the risks of VBAC to me, but he continued his tirade fully aware that two other doctors, plus a midwife, had already run down the list with me. He's also the only one who said we'll have to have an ultrasound toward the end of the pregnancy so we can "guesstimate" the baby's weight. If he/she is bigger than Brady was (8 pounds, 3 ounces), he wants me to schedule a repeat C-section. BUT he confessed that the ultrasounds could be off by a "pound or two." I will certainly do whatever is best for the sake of the baby's, but I will be beyond upset if I end up with an unnecessary repeat. See, Dr. BUMMER really is a BUMMER. I've decided I don't want to see him any more, and Zach says that's the ONLY guy I should see because he's a "realist." Well, until Dr. Realist has a uterus, I'm pretty sure he can't understand how I'm feeling.

I had my first official craving last week: I wanted the relish tray at a country restaurant called the J-Barn. Using my pregnant womanly charms and persuasion tactics (and really, how hard is it to get Zach to eat?!), the Barones joined us for an amazing dinner! Brady really enjoyed everything, too...and I mean everything:

Gross!
We even got some cute shots of Brady and Grammy in front of the J-Barn's fall decor. 

Being a trouper for Grammy.
The photo session didn't last long, as the little pig was more interested in the food than being festive.

Can a warning glance from Dad do the trick???

Nope!

This Monday, Oct. 11th, marks the first time of my 10th week and I know it won't be long until I'm counting down the days in single digits until this baby arrives. I hope I can enjoy this pregnancy as much as I did my first...if only I could get some energy back. I think the second trimester brings more oomph, so until then I shall wait patiently and nap. And I think I know someone who won't mind joining in my afternoon siestas... 

No comments:

Post a Comment