Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Asses, Asses We All Fall Down!

Today being Ash Wednesday, we took the boy to mass to get his ashes. We took him last year, too, but this time around was a lot more fun for Brady. He enjoyed yelling, "PURPLE!" as everything in the church is draped in this color. He also participated in some hearty "Amens!" Not to be outdone, a little boy on the other side of church began screaming for attention, and Brady (quietly, thankfully) said, "Uh oh. Sad."

Ash Wednesday, 2010
Among the many random things that the boy shared in church, his announcement of the ashes was by far our favorite. All week we had been telling him we're going to go to church, Father Mike will touch your forehead, and he'll make a cross with ashes. So when Father Mike began the "ashes to ashes, dust to dust," Brady took the opportunity to happily share his wisdom of, what else? ASSES. I will say that I came this close to peeing my pants.

Ash Wednesday, 2011
As poor Brady has entered what Zach dubs the "Huge Head" toddler phase, he's falling down a lot more often! Just the other day, he and Zach were outside watching the dogs play frisbee (Brady yells, "Dood dirl" (good girl) whenever one actually catches it!), and Zach said he squatted down to look at the pile of rocks in our driveway and the next thing he knew, BAM. Brady was on his face. Zach of course helped him up, but couldn't help laughing since he said the sheer size of his melon was the cause of the topple. I've noticed, too, even in the house among his familiar toys, he's having a hard time keeping his balance. I used to ask him if he was drunk, but since he's started repeating everything we say in public, I figure now is the time to stop that.

31 Weeks!!

The SAT course I taught for a few weeks is finally over and honestly, I'm glad. I do miss teaching actual students, but I don't miss being hugely pregnant while teaching. I wanted to sit on a desk, but was afraid I would tip it; I wanted to sit in a desk, but couldn't fit. The classes were about 3 hours long and at the end of each one, I didn't have ankles and my feet were plumping out of my shoes. Very attractive.

No comments:

Post a Comment