Thursday, March 3, 2011

Pregnancy Dream!

I know I just updated the blog yesterday, but the dream I had last night is worth a post of its own:

I only ever had one pregnancy dream before; I was about 8 months along with Brady and the dream was about the labor, not the birth or the baby itself. I was floating in warm water on a raft, very soothing, and at the end of the dream, there was a note from my Gram who had passed away just a few months before Brady was born. It was reassuring and positive, and I think one of the reasons why I wasn't panicked or even nervous when I eventually went into labor. But that was the extent of the dream.

Watching the train with Grandma


In last night's dream, I was in labor at the hospital, refusing to "go with the program" as my mom would say! All of the doctors and nurses wanted to give me different drugs to speed up the labor, and I kept saying no. What's weird is that no one was there with me, not even Zach! It was only the medical staff dressed in starched whites with a bright light that was blinding me. I wasn't afraid and I wasn't necessarily in pain, but I remember thinking, "Where the heck is everyone?!" Finally, Dr. Shaheen, the doctor I have yet to meet but have heard such wonderful things about that I am convinced she's the second coming of Christ, shows up. She's dressed in pastels (no idea why I remember that) and she makes everyone else leave. She moves the light so that it's off of my face and tells me that my body is free to take its time. In the dream, I close my eyes and the next thing I know, the baby is out! I reach down and put HIM to my chest and ask Zach (who has reappeared) if he likes the name Owen!! This little guy was blond like Brady, but had darker eyes. I'm thinking that the gender and the name are stemming from the fact that our friends in Michigan just had their first little boy, Owen Paul. But who knows? Owen isn't an option, but maybe we're in for another huge surprise since everyone is again convinced this little bundle is all girl!

"I didn't do it!"


On a related note, one that I forgot to mention in yesterday's post, Baby J-2's heart rate was as low as it's been yesterday. That's not a bad thing, it's still in the healthy range at 140 bpm, but it's also been between 150-160...and so was Brady's. Old wives tales claim the higher the heart rate, the better chance it's a girl. We've clearly proven that wrong with Brady, but I can't help wondering if the lower end of the spectrum means girl for us?! Only time will tell and I am beyond excited for this! I am so glad that we didn't find out the gender (all credit goes to Zach for this!); even though I was a little anxious (okay, obsessive) about it for a while, there truly is no greater surprise!!!!!!!!!!!!

Up to no good!

No comments:

Post a Comment